Contact me for readings, workshops, or festivals.
- June 26 & 27, 8pm : Jump-Start Performance Co. presents she wears bells, an Aztec operetta, an INKubator project. Tickets available here.
- *Canceled due to quarantine* June 16 & 17, 2020, various times/campuses : South Texas Colleges Libraries, to celebrate Gay Pride Month in the valley! More details TBA.
- *Postponed to June 2021* June 20, 2020, time TBD : World Refugee Day collaboration with poets and recent refugees and immigrants. To be held at San Antonio Museum of Art.
past readings and events
- February 21, 7pm : Queer Voices Speak Out at Pride Center, 1303 McCullough Ave, Ste 160
- February 27, 7pm : W-I-P/Works In Progress San Antonio at Jump-Start Performance Company, 710 Fredericksburg Rd
- March 13, 7pm : Featured Reader at Sun Poets, Rosella Coffee at Jones and Broadway
- March 31, 2pm : Book Launch at Galeria E.V.A.
- April 6, 7pm : Latina authors showcase of new books, Esperanza Peace & Justice Center, 922 San Pedro Ave
- April 13, 5pm : Mexican American Cultural Center, as part of Sor Juana Inez celebration, Austin, TX
- April 14, 2pm : This City Is A Poem reading, Central Library, Latino Resource Area
- April 20, 6pm : Queering Religion reading, BookWoman, Austin, TX
April 26 – 28 : Rio Grande Valley Poetry Festival
April 30, 6pm : Nuestra Palabra radio show
May 10, 7pm : W-I-P Creme performance, Palo Alto College, Black Box Theatre
- May 19, 3pm : Voices de la Luna reading, San Antonio Art League & Museum, 130 King William Ave.
May 23, 7pm Hosting Queer Voices Speak Out at Pride Center, 1303 McCullough Ave, Ste 160
June 1, 2pm : Red Salmon Arts/Casa de Resistencia, Austin, TX
- June 7, 8pm : LatinX Writers Showcase at Cafe Mayapan, El Paso, TX
- June 27, 7pm : Entre Mundos Night, Latino Cultural Center, Dallas, TX (with local performer and community limpia)
- August 3, 3pm : reading with Natalia Trevino and Wendy Barker at Dead Tree Books. With Q&A afterward.
- August 17, 2pm : FlowerSong Books Showcase, Central Public Library, Latino Resource Center. Sponsored by Gemini Ink.
- September 4, 7pm : Writers for Migrant Justice at Barrio Barista [part of a nationwide event with readings in 45+ cities, in response to the inhumane family separation policy at the US/Mexico Border. These readings serve as a fundraiser for Immigrant Families Together, with all funds supporting rapid response needs for family reunification and legal assistance]
- October 24, 6pm : benefit reading for migrant justice through CIELO.
- October 26 weekend : annual Texas Book Festival, Austin, TX
- November 1 : Panelist at Mundo Zurdo Conference (full program here), Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
- November 15, 6pm : Reading at Bella la Brew, presented by Aransas County Poetry Society, Rockport, TX
- December 1, 3pm : Annual Peace Market at Esperanza Peace & Justice Center
- December 7, 6pm : Sound Museum SATX, featuring new music, spoken word, and digital art, MBS Southtown, 1115 S Alamo. Presented by Darren Ryan | No Reality TV, San Antonio, TX
- January 2020, 6pm : opening for Wendy Barker, Twig Bookstore, San Antonio, TX
- February 27-29, 2020 : Panelist at Peoples Poetry Festival, Del Mar College, Corpus Christi, TX
- March 6, 2020, 7pm: Queer Voices, AWP off-site reading at Esperanza Peace & Justice Center, San Antonio, TX
- March 7, 2020, 5pm : Dignidad Literaria & Mitote, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Courtyard by the Grassy Slope, (River Level) Market Street Entrance, 900 East Market St. San Antonio, TX 78205. Welcome and listen to 40 Latinx writers from around the country reading!