- you will hustle more than you ever thought. there’s even the quiet hustle that no one sees. all of this is challenging for an introvert like me.
- the book will never be completely ready. i am having to learn to let it go. it has its own life now.
- the reasons for creating the book are never more present than once its in print. I wanted to connect to community and I wanted to lift love as a topic worth writing about. i have done that – at least for myself.
- others look at you as though you have created this impossible thing. I walk around reminding others that it can be done and I’m happy to support.
- in having written this book I have learned a lot about myself.
La Voz de Esperanza published poems from the new book, in conjunction with an amazing group of Latina poets who will be reading April 6, 2019.
Uhm, there isn’t enough room on this page for all the hustle that Gio brings.
When I considered what to do with the cover for M + J she instantly came to mind. Her whole spirit is revolution and love and community. And she plays with fire too, y’all.
Check this amazing video with her troupe. Video by Erik Bosse.
As my formal book launch nears, I want to give thanks to those who helped get the book out into the world.
FlowerSong Press, located in the Rio Grande Valley, decided to really bring it in 2019! There are lots of amazing books coming out this year. Edward Vidaurre is the one to thank for that. Follow them. Buy books.
You can find a copy with me, if you are anywhere in Texas, or you can pick up a copy now on Amazon.com.
Here is the final cover!
Thanks so much to Anel, ire’ne, and Jim for their early reads.
Thanks also to Vanessa Velazquez for her photography and cover design, and Giomara Bazaldua, whose face graces the cover.
Save The Date
My book will have a formal launch. I hope you can make it.
Sunday, March 31, 2pm
3412 S. Flores St.
Tune in now!